Test laboratory – an important part of our quality management
Defective coatings of pipelines and steel structures may lead to issues such as insufficient corrosion or fire protection. Therefore, a certain degree of control is needed to ensure that the coating meets its purpose and that the safety of facilities, systems and building is ensured for many years.
Inspections far beyond the standard
As a modern service provider, we consider it a matter of course to face the continually growing quality demands of our customers, and to live up to them in future as well. Our test laboratory has state-of-the-art equipment in compliance with the latest developments. It meets the highest demands and ensures precise test results. This enables us to offer you not only the standard tests, but also the following special ones:
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) test in accordance with ISO 21809-1
- Determination of the oxidation induction time OIT-test in accordance with ISO 21809-3
- Determination of the compressed air quality in accordance with ASTM D4285
- Determination of grain size in accordance with DNV-RP-F106 resp. ISO 11125/7-2
- Determination of blasting agent purity in accordance with ASTM D4940
- Determination of the salt content in accordance with DNV-RP-F106
- Dust test in accordance with ISO 8502-3
- Determination of surface roughness in accordance with ISO 8503-4
- Pore test in accordance with ISO 21809-1
- Determination of residual magnetism in accordance with DNV-RP-F106
- FBE-adhesive strength tests in accordance with ISO 219809-2
- Peeling-Test in accordance with ISO 21809-1
- Elongation test in accordance with ISO 21809-1
- Cathodic disbondment test in accordance with ISO 21809-1
- Determination of hot-water storage in accordance with ISO 21809-1
- Hardness test in accordance with ISO 868
- Adhesive strength tests in accordance with ISO 2409
- Bond Test in accordance with ISO 2409
Non-destructive testing – Tests without damage
Non-destructive testing is used where the test application must not influence, let alone reduce, the material's or part's suitability for use. They help in quality inspection, product supervision and damage analysis.
Most non-destructive test methods work with two- or three-dimensional imaging. Typical indices that can be determined include blowholes, delamination, kissing bonds, geometry deviations, inhomogeneous materials, foreign material inclusions and cracks.
Many of these tests can also take place in the installed condition. Concealed defects and damage in the materials, parts and structures can therefore be uncovered in operation. This way, counter-measures can be initiated more quickly and technical failures and undesired production outages can be avoided.
We closely cooperate with our partners to for the following non-destructive tests:
- Grinding patterns
- Manual ultrasound tests (MUT)
- Automatic ultrasound tests (AUT)
- Magnetic particle tests
- Dye penetrant tests
- Wall thickness tests
- X-ray tests
- Hardness tests
- Visual inspections
Quality assurance according to international quality directives
Our quality management systems are based on internationally recognised standards. We are certified to DIN EN ISO 9001 and currently undergoing certification to ISO 14001, ISO 18001 and ISO 50001. Three of our four QA department employees currently have the internationally recognised certification "FROSIO NS 476, Inspector Level 3".